Monday, March 1, 2010

Stop For the Roses ...

Hi Everyone...

Yes, you are not imagining things...

It is I...

I am here...

Here I am...

To write to you because I'm in that kind of mood this evening and want to share some thoughts. Plus I feel sorely bad that I haven't really written here (my way) in a long long time... I sometimes get so busy with life, with work, with shows, with everything... that I am lucky to even have the energy to breathe, let alone sleep or eat.

I was reminded recently that there is much more than just working hard in life, there's the need to take a break and have some FUN. Granted, I admit my work brings me FUN and I make my work FUN. It's cyclic but there's hope for this workaholic still...

Which is why and how I selected my topic tonight. Plus a certain someone gave me the idea when emailing about "Why photos of roses evoked a sense of HAPPINESS?" (and I know he will probably read this so thank you, Mr. Certain Someone).

So what is Lisa talking about? and what is this topic "Stop for the Roses?" Well you know the old adage "stop and smell the roses". If you don't, I found Mac Davis's song by the same title and here are his lyrics!

Stop And Smell The Roses
Mac Davis
(Davis/Severinsen)

Hey Mister
Where you going in such a hurry
Don't you think it's time you realized
There's a whole lot more to life than work and worry
The sweetest things in life are free
And there right before your eyes

You got to Stop and Smell the roses
You've got to count your many blessings everyday
You're gonna find your way to heaven is a rough and rocky road
If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way

Before you went to work this morning in the city
Did you spent some time with your family
Did you kiss your wife and tell her that she's pretty
Did you take your children to your breast and love them tenderly

You got to Stop and Smell the roses
You've got to count your many blessings everyday
You're gonna find your way to heaven is a rough and rocky road
If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way

Did you ever take a walk through the forest
Stop and dream a while among the trees
Well you can look up through the leaves right straight to heaven
You can almost hear the voice of God
In each any every breeze

You got to Stop and Smell the Roses
You've got to count your many blessings everyday
You're gonna find your way to heaven is a rough and rocky road
If you don't Stop and Smell the Roses along the way

You got to Stop and Smell the roses
You've got to count your many blessings everyday
You're gonna find your way to heaven is a rough and rocky road
If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way

******
So that's what I meant by "Stop For the Roses". Mac Davis said it better than I probably ever could.

And since I am talking about roses and stopping for them, why don't you mosey over to my Facebook page when you get a chance. Remember all those photos I promised to share from my trips but didn't get a chance to here? It is much easier to share with everyone the bevy of photos I capture on my adventures on Facebook.

I have started to upload collections of photos from various U.S. gardens I've had the pleasure to visit. And many of them have photos of roses, so how appropriately fitting I would tie this in with this evening's post topic.

(big smile... I am a sneaky one.. better watch out for me.)

With time, I will share with you select photos from my photography archives. This girl tends to get trigger happy when she has her Powershot G9, so there are lots of photos to go through and limited time to do so. But you will start seeing them on Facebook if you visit my page there.

I have more to write but have to save it for later this week. This girl has been up since 6 a.m. and although I have more to say... I will stretch it out a bit... to share with you another day.

(YES! more than one post from Lisa this week...)

(The REAL truth to the sudden ending of this post is that Anthony Bourdain is coming on the Travel Channel. Okay I fessed up. I am both SNEAKY and GUILTY!) (wink)

Until next time,
PLEASE Stop For the Roses everyone...

(This includes YOU as well Mr. Certain Someone!)
Lisa
Related Posts with Thumbnails