Monday, June 2, 2008

A View of Glendale and Shorewood, WI: Bayshore Town Center and Bic Bay Park

Bayshore Town Center and Bic Bay Park
Monday, June 2, 2008
Approximately 5:00 - 7:00 P.M.

Okay, so I admit we didn't miraculously hop off the plane and found a Trader Joe's in the neighborhood. Before ANY trip, I seek out a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in whatever town USA I happen to be traveling to. If none are available, I just have to settle for the local market. There is something comforting about walking into a store you love where you already know the treats are tasty!

So there was only one Trader Joe's and one Whole Foods north of Milwaukee. Since we landed so early and it was still daylight, we decided to go check out Trader Joe's for some snacks and also found the Bayshore Town Center nearby, before checking into the Hilton.




While at Bayshore Town Center, we spied some interesting restaurants and movie theater. We made a mental note for future days, which later served to keep us entertain, amidst the dreary Milwaukee weather.

There was a Barnes and Noble here. Again, I can't help walking into a bookstore, if I see one out of the corner of my eyes. If you only knew how I am around books. If you attempt to restrain me, I'll be like the HULK and break free, to fight you off just to run into a bevy of bookshelves. That's me and books. I am beyond help.



Oooh... and YES! I did see Bead Romantique there.



We had a quick Greek salad snack from Trader Joe's and wanted to save room for a nice dinner on our first night in Milwaukee. I convinced Nick that we should forget taking the freeway back to the Hilton but instead to drive Hwy 32 on the scenic route with a view of Lake Michigan. We drove about and saw so many GORGEOUS homes along the route. Unfortunately there were no vista points for us to stop and capture some of the architecture to share with you. As both fans of fine architecture, trust us they were beautiful homes! Nick and I spoke about moving into one of the waterfront mansions, dreaming of a possible future in retirement. Uh, yeah right! I've been a SoCal girl all my life so the thought of moving anywhere was ... was the last thing on my mind. I love the sun, the SoCal melting pot culture and was surely missing it now. I'm such a wimp in cold weather. Then we spotted a one way street and Nick turned to park the RAV4. We were both itching to stop and get out to walk around. We took in the scent of the lake and fresh air. We got a good whiff of it and then proceeded to walk towards a trail.

We found Bic Bay Park.


Overcast but still not raining yet. We used every bit of sunshine to explore.


The path down and up, which way are you walking?


On the walk down to the water, the jagged rocks pave the way.


Isolating and Serene. A perfect hiding place to just think.


Walk this way. This is my FAVORITE photo from this trip!!


At the end of the path


Turn around. Is it the end or just the beginning?


The icy cold waters of Lake Michigan.

It started sprinkling and the mosquitoes were starting to fly about. It was our sign to get on the road and to check into the Hilton. The day was not over as we'll take you to one of Milwaukee's great eateries in the next Food Stop post. We still hadn't eaten our first real meal and was hungry for something delicious. We found Harbor 550 Restaurant, formerly known as Pieces of Eight, finally after a long drive! Come with us to dinner next.

Time for some YUMMY talk,
Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails