I don't know about you but I have a fascination and affinity for the color purple, especially. I mean is it a bit too much if I have a purple stapler with purple staples? And it doesn't end there as I use purple tissue paper to wrap my beads at shows (2 shades, mine you.) Then we can't forget the purple paper shopping bag. I happen to be wearing a purple T-shirt this morning (I didn't mastermind this coincidence, by the way) as I write today's entry.
I am often inspired by nature in all it's glorious colors but there is just something about the color purple and it's variations. Here are some interesting "purple" facts I found: (Learn more about purple on Wikipedia)
- Any of a group of colors with a hue between that of violet and red.
- Cloth of a color between violet and red, formerly worn as a symbol of royalty or high office.
- Imperial power; high rank: born to the purple.
- Roman Catholic Church
- The rank or office of a cardinal.
- The rank or office of a bishop.
- Of the color purple.
- Royal or imperial; regal.
- Elaborate and ornate: purple prose.
- Purple cow - something remarkable, eye-catching, unusual
- Purple prose - exaggeration, highly imaginative writing (also has negative connotations - colorful lies)
- Purple speech - profanity, raunchy language
- Purple haze - state of confusion or euphoria, possibly drug-induced, type of marijuana
Purple Descriptive Words: These words are synonymous with purple or represent various shades of the color purple. Violet, plum, lavender, lilac, fuchsia, puce, thistle, orchid, mauve, magenta, royal, amethyst, wine, pomegranate, eggplant, mulberry, aubergine, heliotrope.
The Seduction of Purple: I am often seduced in using purple in my glasswork and jewelry designs. I often collect images that provide me with visual stimuli, speak to me or inspire me in some form to emulate later in my various projects. From time to time, I will share some of these images on the blog. Mother nature is breathlessly beautiful and I hope some of these images inspire you too.